WBNS 10TV-Central Ohio's News Leader-is looking for a Reporter who wants to tell the stories that matter most.
We are looking for a Journalist who can shoot, write and edit stories under deadline and present stories in a captivating and authentic manner. This individual must be able to cover everything from breaking news to politics to features. The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of smart and engaging live shots. We are seeking someone who will bring their innovative storytelling and content to our broadcast and digital platforms.
We want a reporter who can look beyond the headlines to pitch enterprise stories on a broad range of relevant news topics that serve our audience.
• Develop and investigate leads and story ideas to pitch impactful, newscast-leading stories
• Enterprise daily and develop sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
• Write, shoot and edit news stories for all platforms and meet publication/broadcast deadlines
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
• At least 5 years as a reporter or MMJ at a news outlet
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or similar experience
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news presence on all platforms
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03ewm-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.