WTHR's 13News, Indiana's news leader, is looking for a part-time Production Assistant who can join the Production Team in executing live newscasts and field productions. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn about the many facets of local television and can use our technology to create dynamic, energetic, and engaging content.
This is a ''foot-in-the-door,'' part-time position that will get you started in the world of technical broadcast television. A self-starter in this job will be able to gain experience in all technical areas, with opportunities to learn about production, engineering, IT, and operations.
The person selected for this role will be tasked with operating studio and control room equipment for live newscasts and assisting with remote setups for live and post-produced initiatives. In addition, Production Assistants are responsible for running teleprompter and floor directing as needed, as well as operating audio consoles, gimbal cameras, and performing video editing duties.
In this job, you'll be part of our automated news environment which includes training to code on our Ross OverDrive system, operating robotic cameras and opportunities to direct cut-ins and packaged news content.
We are looking for someone to bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us continue producing exceptional content for our audience.
• Working knowledge of basic studio operations (cueing talent, running teleprompter, etc.)
• Working knowledge of non-linear editors (Edius or Premiere preferred)
• Basic knowledge of Ross Overdrive or Grass Valley Ignite
• Basic knowledge of ENPS or iNEWS
• Customer service-focused approach to working with other departments and outside clients
• Two (2) years of experience in college or professional broadcasting environments
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and work well with others
• Strong organizational, communications, and time-management skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and operate handheld studio and field camera weighing 15 pounds for 20 minutes at a time
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d993x9-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.