KPNX 12News in Phoenix, Arizona seeks a curious, creative and ambitious news producer who wants to create an energetic newscast that informs, inspires and empowers our audience in one of the top markets in the country.
Our news producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, conversational writing and innovative formats.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write urgently, concisely and execute the goals of the newscast under tight deadlines.
Applicants must have major, breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms.
• Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep-dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with management and talent to consistently build a high-quality news show
• Use social listening research, discover and distribute content
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Minimum of 5 years' experience producing/line producing for newscasts
• Understanding of the tenets of journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius editing preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience handling live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend, night and holiday shifts, a must
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25e57-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.