KING 5 is on a mission to create experiences. Our team is passionate about finding and defending facts, we are authentic and transparent, push to break new ground and care deeply about our local community.
The Photojournalist is a key member in our award-winning news team. You will work closely with our content team and report to the Director of Photojournalism. We are searching for someone who can break the mold on traditional content and gather stories independently for our on-air and digital platforms.
• Capture video and audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, and feature stories
• Collaborate with reporters and develop a vision for stories
• Independently gather and create stories
• Edit stories with Edius and other editing platforms
• Create digital content, edit social videos and post to social media
• Operate electronic newsgathering (ENG) van and live remote equipment
Compensation Range:$33.65 - $38.46
• 4+ years of relevant experience in TV photojournalism and/or news editor OR 2+ years of relevant experience with a bachelor's degree in Journalism
• Must have a valid driver's license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 pounds with or without an accommodation
• Ability to work mornings, nights, holiday, and weekend shifts
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working in a medium or large local TV news station
• Experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop)
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03jxe-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.