12News (KPNX-TV, NBC) in Phoenix is looking for a highly skilled Photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking highly skilled artistic photographers and editors who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media, and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live newsgathering tools and are able to speak live on-air or online when necessary.
In this role, you will:
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Edit and post video and text content stories for the website.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and specialized areas of interest.
• Operate news gathering vehicles to and from various locations.
• Perform other tasks as required.
Here's what you need:
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
• 2-5 years of photojournalism experience
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems, Edius experience a plus
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• SNG experience a plus
• Live Center/ENG coordination experience a plus
• Skills in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and After Effects a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment with an understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Must be team-oriented, have a positive attitude, and be a problem solver
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy121m-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.