Sports - Golf Brand Consulting - Account Manager
Multiskilled Journalist (SPORTS)
First Coast News is looking for a creative and ambitious sports content producer and MSJ who will be a key contributor to the overall content strategy for FCN sports, while working collaboratively with the Sports Director, news managers, sports staff and news producers on sports opportunities within newscasts and weekly sports programs and specials.
The ideal candidate will develop, shoot, produce, write, edit content for sportscasts and sports specials, serve as line-producer, shoot and edit reporter packages for sportscasts and sports shows, create digital sports content, report stories and anchor sportscasts as needed.
1. Collaborate with Sports Director, sports talent, news managers, news producers, production team, and control room team on show content and execution of shows
2. Create and manage show rundowns
3. Shoot and edit sports content for nightly newscasts
4. Write scripts
5. Line produce daily, weekly shows
6. Work with Sports Director to lead newsroom during breaking sports news
7. Report and anchor sportscasts as needed
8. Propose original, timely and innovative content ideas
9. Create, write content for digital and social media platforms
10. Coordinate sponsored elements in sports shows
11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
1. BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
2. Knowledge of non-linear editing systems (Edius, Premier)
3. Familiar with newsroom production systems (ENPS or equivalent)
4. Ability to use a MSJ camera
5. Strong knowledge of digital/social platforms
6. Must be able to lead and provide feedback for veteran staff
7. Demonstrate strong news judgement in editorial conversations
8. Strong work ethic, positive attitude, reliable and leadership qualities
9. Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
10. Knowledge of Northeast Florida sports is a plus
11. Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
12. Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
13. Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
14. Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rob2y3-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.
TEGNA Inc. is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions.