ABC24/CW30, the TEGNA station in Memphis, Tennessee is looking for an innovative storyteller. We provide the platform. You tell the stories that have the power to change lives and make our communities stronger.
The Multi-Skilled Journalist will deliver a high standard of news reporting, investigative research and emotional storytelling while embracing our values of being solution seekers, fact finders, story tellers, Memphis lovers, current, and real.
Multi-Skilled Journalists create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography, and editing. MSJs are great storytellers who excel in the digital age of journalism.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for television, mobile and social platforms
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
• Operate newsgathering vehicle to and from various locations
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
• Enterprise news stories
• Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology
• Perform other tasks as required
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience with photojournalism, editing, data journalism and content management systems
• Strong understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
• Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Be a great newsroom team player
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re2ok2-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.