WTHR-TV, the market leading TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Indianapolis is in search of an extraordinary visual storyteller. We're seeking a difference making, multi-talented journalist to tell the stories that set us apart from our competition. We are one of the best newsrooms in the country and this is a chance to let your skills shine. While some prior experience is required, we're not just looking for a resume. We're looking for what you bring the table each and every day in an ever-changing digital world.
• Will be responsible for pitching enterprise stories, making contacts and breaking news
• Must have a strong digital focus and the ability to present across multiple platforms. Posting and maintaining multiple social media accounts is a must.
• Ability to shoot, edit and write assignments from start to finish preferred
• 3-5 years' work experience
• Previous experience reporting, shooting and editing is required, as is a reel that shows all skillsets above of your current position / work
• Experience with Edius and / or any other non-linear editing systems; and
• Must be able to work flexible shifts and hours depending on news needs.
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03q71-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.