KPNX, the NBC affiliate in Phoenix, AZ, is looking for an engaging and experienced Meteorologist. From extreme heat to winter freeze, dust storms to snowstorms, and severe rain and flooding during Monsoon season, Arizona has some of the most dynamic weather in the country and the right meteorologist will help deliver accurate forecasts and keep people informed through severe weather coverage as well as report on the pressing science and weather issues of tomorrow, like climate change, drought, and water access.
The successful candidate must have a passion for winning severe weather and telling the weather story even on sunny days. The ideal candidate embraces social media and technology and thrives in a fast-paced environment where the use of live cameras, user-generated content and field reporting is a must.
• Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a multi-platform environment
• Produce clean, creative and informative graphics to tell the weather story
• Write, edit and report from the field or studio, especially in severe weather situations
• Update multiple platforms and interact with viewers on social media platforms daily
• Perform special projects or other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree, in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science, is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to provide accurate weather forecasts using the latest weather technology in a multi-platform environment
• Exceptional online and social media skills
• Knowledge of WSI necessary
• Be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, and fill-in when necessary
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5jo3-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.