POSITION BASED OUT OF SACRAMENTO, CA (Onsite) – relocation assistance offered
ABC10, the TEGNA station located in Sacramento, CA, has an immediate opening for a Marketing Community Relations Coordinator.
The Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator plays a critical role in moving ABC10's We Stand for You brand forward. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and works closely with the Community Relations Manager and the Creative Director. The Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator helps manage and coordinate station marketing activities and on-air and online media content on a variety of platforms (OTT, apps, website, social accounts, etc.) to drive audience growth and engagement, while also assisting with community engagement projects and events. Acts as a liaison between the company and local communities to build relationships and promote positive interactions.
With a minimum of three years of experience, the Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• coordinate campaign production
• schedule promos in daily promo logs and making changes as needed
• partner in media plan development, execution and measurement
• coordinate and implement internal communication projects
• coordinating station involvement with outside media organizations and partners on events of varying size
• assist with the ABC10 Off Broadway bi-weekly newsletter
• Partner with the Community Relations Manager with station event involvement
• Support development and implementation of community engagement strategies that align with the company's business goals and values
• Support Planning and coordination of events, programs, and activities that engage the community and raise awareness of the company's brand, mission, and initiatives.
• Attend, support, and lead occasional weekend community outreach and tabling events like galas, awards presentations, and community meetings.
• Help coordinate, manage and facilitate station initiatives and involvement at community events
• Exhibit critical thinking skills, strong problem-solving and meticulous attention to detail.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Help implement marketing initiatives including broadcast and online content.
• Setup and maintain tracking systems and reports for marketing campaigns and online activities, including maintaining list of outstanding promotional spots and online content.
• Assist with trafficking all advertising content to appropriate channels. This includes managing and scheduling promos in the daily logs and making changes to the logs as needed.
• Manage all internal communication projects that keep staff informed and engaged with the ABC10 brand.
• Manage promotional vendors.
• Help identify community organizations and events for ABC10 involvement.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Support the Marketing Director in ensuring the marketing plan and team continue to stay on track.
• Stay abreast of digital marketing trends and consistently help innovate upon the station's digital and on-air marketing strategies.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, digital media, public relations or other related field
• Three plus years of proven marketing experience
• Experience in advertising, digital marketing, public relations, social media and community relations
• Strong organizational, project management and time management skills, as well as attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Firm grasp of on-air, social and digital marketing platforms
• Must be able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
• Must have a high level of creativity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Wide Orbit and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
• Occasional weeknight and weekend responsibilities required
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Budgeted Compensation Range: $50K - $55K D.O.E
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8083-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.