11Alive, TEGNA's NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is searching for an experienced, creative and motivated Digital Executive Producer to help lead the day-to-day production of editorial content across 11Alive's digital, mobile, app, OTT and social media platforms.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a keen eye for accuracy and detail and can lead a team of digital journalists, this could be a great opportunity for you. The ideal candidate is a journalist at heart with a background in digital strategy and analytics.
This position will help guide editorial decision-making across all platforms, managing strategy and partnering with journalists across the newsroom to make the best possible product.
As a newsroom leader, the Digital Executive Producer will have a voice in editorial and leadership meetings.
This role reports to the Director of Digital Content and is a member of the news management team. It will require flexibility in hours worked and on-call shifts, as needed.
• Works with the news digital team and digital management to coordinate daily digital news efforts – oversees digital efforts: story selection, writing and copy editing, distribution, live streaming.
• Guide the editorial process for the digital team through prioritizing tasks, making story assignments, copy editing and training staff.
• Collaborates across workgroups to create daily content, original digital content and special projects focused on rich, interactive digital experiences
• Helps lead the newsroom editorial meetings to make decisions based on social listening, digital data and live metrics.
• Experience with scouring digital and social analytics and developing strategies to make a positive impact on the data.
• Aggressively covers breaking news for digital/social platforms through articles, videos, breaking news alerts, live streams and social media.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced newsroom environment and an excellent multitasker
• Champions original, digital-first content production for 11Alive platforms
• Guides team members on where and how to find story ideas and information, including how to use metrics and social listening to be audience focused
• Trains digital team and extended news department on best digital practices – including SEO and headline writing – to create engaging content that is specific to platforms.
• Minimum 5 years producing digital and social content in a newsroom
• Previous experience in a leadership position preferred
• Skilled copy editor
• Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
• Well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, etc.
• Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML and live stream technology
• Strong understanding of all social media platforms and how they contribute to overall success
• Keen interest in emerging digital trends and evolving consumption habits
• BS/BA in related field - journalism, broadcast, digital media
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxx2mo-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.