WTHR's 13News, Indiana's news leader, is looking for a full-time live newscast/projects Director who can excel in an automated environment and use our technology to create dynamic, energetic, and quickly paced newscasts. The person filling this role will be tasked with using Ross Overdrive automation to create and execute live newscasts and live remote productions while working closely with producers and the content team. 13News producers more than 6 hours of live local content per day, with the director serving as the last line of defense to ensure an exceptional product hits the air.
In addition, Directors manage crew and stakeholders from other departments for pre-show production, studio shot planning and blocking, and graphics integration. Directors are required to direct other shows, remote production shoots, and special events as scheduled along with assisting other Directors in coding and executing newscasts and special productions including studio support. Directors will be expected to handle multiple live shots, breaking news, and be able to plan ahead and adjust to changes while maintaining an energetic pace.
We are looking for someone to bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base. Directors at WTHR also aid our digital initiatives and news department as necessary.
• Working knowledge of Ross Overdrive
• Working knowledge of ENPS
• Working knowledge of non-linear editors (Edius or Premiere preferred)
• Customer service-focused approach to working with other departments and outside clients
The minimum qualifications for the position include:
• Four (4) year college degree or equivalent related experience
• Two (2) years of experience directing and/or technical directing newscasts in an automated production environment
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and work well with others
• Proven ability to direct fast-paced, rapidly changing productions for extended periods of time
• Strong organizational, communications, and time-management skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and operate handheld studio camera weighing 15 pounds for 20 minutes at a time
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qe8v-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.