POSITION BASED OUT OF SACRAMENTO, CA (Onsite) – relocation assistance offered
ABC10 is seeking a passionate Chief Photojournalist to lead our team to visual excellence across all platforms. This dynamic leader will oversee our team of photojournalists and editors, as well as work with all content creators to tell emotional and memorable stories.
This chief needs to push innovation, constantly looking for the newest tools and methods to tell stories that resonate with our audience. He or she needs to be detail-oriented, able to track equipment and hold the team accountable to a high level of excellence. Mentoring will be a primary responsibility of this position, and a ''coaching not fixing'' approach will be needed.
Knowledge and experience with television news photography, technical knowledge of ENG vehicles and editing is a must. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photojournalist will partner with news managers in recruiting and training the entire news staff.
In this role you will:
• Must be professional, organized and highly motivated
• Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver's license at all times
• Shooting stories as needed as a photojournalist
• Coaching content creators in their professional development and training in emerging platforms
• Ordering/Maintaining photography supplies
• Helping plan and develop shooting plans for large scale station projects
Budgeted Compensation Range: $72K - $82K D.O.E
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4q7x1-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.