POSITION BASED OUT OF SACRAMENTO, CA (Onsite) – relocation assistance offered
ABC10 is seeking a passionate Chief Photojournalist to lead our team to visual excellence across all platforms. This dynamic leader will oversee our team of photojournalists and editors, as well as work with all content creators to tell emotional and memorable stories.
This chief needs to push innovation, constantly looking for the newest tools and methods to tell stories that resonate with our audience. He or she needs to be detail-oriented, able to track equipment and hold the team accountable to a high level of excellence. Mentoring will be a primary responsibility of this position, and a ''coaching not fixing'' approach will be needed.
Knowledge and experience with television news photography, technical knowledge of ENG vehicles and editing is a must. Along with daily news gathering, the Chief Photojournalist will partner with news managers in recruiting and training the entire news staff.
In this role you will:
• Must be professional, organized and highly motivated
• Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver's license at all times
• Shooting stories as needed as a photojournalist
• Coaching content creators in their professional development and training in emerging platforms
• Ordering/Maintaining photography supplies
• Helping plan and develop shooting plans for large scale station projects
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field preferred
• 5-7 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems highly desirable
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics preferred
• SNG experience is highly desirable
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Passionate about being a strong leader
• Certification as a drone pilot, strongly preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and fast-paced changing events
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Budgeted Compensation Range: $72K - $82K D.O.E
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54ypz-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.