ABC10 (the TEGNA station in Sacramento, CA) is seeking an experienced Producer to join our innovative team on ABC10 Morning News.
ABC10 Morning News stands for you by delivering the news, traffic and weather you need from the people you trust to leave you more informed and hopeful about the day ahead and the diverse communities we call home.
ABC10 Morning News leaves audience feeling informed, prepared, and hopeful.
We're looking for a journalist who is relentless in producing fresh, engaging content for a morning audience.
ABC10 producers identify and produce engaging content and showcase stories in a way that differentiates us from our competitors. Our have a strong journalistic base, excel with conversational writing and be able to multitask under deadline.
• Create unique morning shows and segments that are engaging, emotional and innovative
• Write, edit, and showcase stories for broadcast
• Research facts and sources' credibility
• Enterprise story ideas
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for memorable shows
• Coach and inspire on air talent to be exciting and engaging
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
URL blocked - click to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpkvb-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.