CBS19 (KYTX), TEGNA's station and CBS affiliate in East Texas has constantly been committed to innovation with state-of-the-art marketing solutions. We offer endless opportunities for our clients to thrive from linear TV, digital video, OTT, and advanced attribution tactics. This person will develop new business using our interactive, digital, and television products. He/she will help local clients grow their business through successful advertising solutions using on-air, online, and digital platforms.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is not afraid to cold call, can stand out from the crowd of salespeople, secure appointments, and close. Candidates should embrace the consultative sales model and have a passion for digital; they should be positive, enthusiastic, goal-oriented, and coachable. Do you want to be the one-stop-shop advertising expert your clients need you to be?
Check out our opportunity!
We have an Account Executive opening to join our sales team. If you are:
• A creative solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers utilizing our multi-platform products.
• Eager to learn TEGNA's best in the class advertising product suite
• A hungry business developer wanting to uncover any opportunity.
• Able to ask for the order and close with customers.
• Account Executive will be accountable for local television & digital revenue performance; working strategically with other revenue-generating executives within the company
• This individual is responsible for driving new television & digital sales and upselling existing key accounts with a focus on client retention
• A top priority of the position is to stay abreast of emerging media trends and product solutions to best serve their clients.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience in using qualitative research and other marketing research tools.
• Experience in WideOrbit and Salesforce preferred.
• High energy & self-motivated
• Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team.
• A valid driver's license with an excellent driving record, as well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment.
• Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv387-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.