KING5 has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated Account Executive to join the #1 NBC affiliate group in the country! KING TV, KONG TV, and king5.com, part of TEGNA Inc, offers the ability to sell into multiple platforms from digital to in-content to over-the-top TV.
This role will focus on local, regional and national business to develop new business and grow an existing account list in the robust Seattle marketplace. You will showcase your strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms including television, internet, mobile and other emerging products. You'll be part of a team of successful advertising sellers, account managers and digital strategists, who manage high-volume account lists, and are passionate about helping their clients thrive.
What We Offer:
• Winning, inclusive, supportive and fun culture
• Base + uncapped commissions
• Industry leading, innovative media products
• Resources to set you up for success
• Growth opportunities
• Generous benefits package
• Purpose driven and employee-centric organization
• Consistently prospect and close new revenue opportunities using client and category insights
• Upsell current customers by engaging them in the full product line of KING5 & Premion offerings
• Demonstrate expertise of selling customized digital solutions including products such as, digital display ads, pre-roll video ads, geo-fencing, and OTT/CTV etc.
• Create custom solutions-driven campaigns that meet client needs across multiple media platforms including broadcast, digital and Streaming (OTT)
• Compete for OTT business on a local, regional and national scale.
• Create holistic digital marketing solutions with the ability to manipulate and calculate pricing structures utilizing CPM (cost per thousand)
• Work with agency contacts, write and create sales presentations with white label capabilities
• Use Attribution Technology to optimize your clients marketing dollars across our OTT and broadcast platforms.
• Present monthly client campaign reports and interpret the results, providing key metrics and campaign recommendations to ensure client retention and upsell opportunities
• Establish strong relationships with internal team members by providing account management team with clear and concise direction for successful execution of campaigns
• Make decisions and solve problems independently to support customer needs
• Utilize an Account Manager to provide exceptional customer service and contract fulfillment
• Use Matrix to manage day to day activity, pipeline and forecasts
• Positively and professionally represent the media group
• Minimum 3 years of account engagement in a professional, fast paced media sales environment
• Proven track record of success as a seller who can close sponsorship & sports deals.
• Understanding of Nielsen and ComScore methodology
• Understanding of Google Analytics
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy a must
• Ability to effectively solve problems
• Creative and able to adapt quickly to change
• Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management skills
• Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes
• Strong business acumen a must
• Desired Characteristics
• A strong passion for PROSPECTING, CONNECTING & CLOSING with new accounts
• Capability to connect with existing accounts and generate meaningful business conversations and relationships
• A solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers, utilizing our multi-platform products
• A desire and eagerness to learn TEGNA's top-notch and innovative advertising product suite
• A self-starter who is determined to succeed
• A positive attitude and a strong team player
Budgeted Compensation Range: $150k-$200k
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pv57-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.