• Anchor weather in an energetic and professional manner, tell the market's weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Work with the producers and news team to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
• Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Use of social media daily and especially during severe events
• Gather news information and facts to write scripts and prepare packages
• Perform the Video Journalist duties during the work week
• Report live from news locations
• Develop on-going ''sweeps'' type stories
• Represent Telemundo in community events
• At least 1 year experience as Video Journalist, Weather Anchor
• Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Ability to work long hours, when necessary
• Must be willing to work in McAllen, TX area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking new with Live Cut-ins
• Able to ''ad-lib'' effortlessly in various types of situations
• Creative with unique story ideas for development