San Diego, CA
• Lead engaging and ethical news coverage that serve the audience while also growing ratings.
• Supervise, mentor and develop News Staff to ensure high levels of performance and to produce high-quality local content.
• Prioritize collaboration between television and digital content teams to create original, must-see programming and breaking-news coverage for all platforms.
• Maintain close, daily interaction with all department heads in a mutual effort to achieve station goals and extend our brand.
• Recruit, develop and retain a strong, diverse team.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the local community.
• Create strategies and content for all digital platforms.
• Execute all corporate policies and objectives to ensure the highest quality of journalism.
• Perform other duties as assigned to drive and fulfill the mission of the station while abiding by news and business protocols of NBCU.
• Champion data and analytics to foster an environment of decision-making and embraces research insights.
• Above all, the VP of News must be a positive leader who motivates people by treating them with trust and respect first and foremost.
• Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience.
• At least 3 years of leadership experience as a News Director, Assistant News Director or in a similar role at a broadcast station in a major market.
• Experience preparing departmental budgets, developing strategic plans to operate within budgets.
• Demonstrated success in coaching, leading and motivating a team of employees
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts
• Must be willing to work in San Diego, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong time management skills including the ability to meet scheduled deadlines as well as make split-second decisions.
• Ability to lead and coach staff on all aspects of newsroom work ranging from shooting video to writing compelling TV news stories.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Ability to recognize, create and communicate priorities, strategies as well as market opportunities and challenges to drive growth and performance improvement.
• Knowledgeable about FCC rules and laws pertaining to news broadcasting in multi-media platforms and employment and labor regulations
• Understanding of marketing and audience development in a multi-platform environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n9n8-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.