The VP Human Resources has overall responsibility for the design, development and delivery of effective HR strategies and execution in the areas of workforce and resource planning, learning and development, talent acquisition and retention, succession planning, and compensation strategies for Telemundo. The VP of Human Resource will report into the SVP, HR for Telemundo and Latin America and provide HR leadership to senior business leaders across Finance, Business and Legal Affairs, and Operations and Technology. Additionally, this role will be responsible for leading learning and organizational development initiatives across Telemundo Enterprises, including Telemundo Early Careers and Development Programs. The VP of HR will lead a team of HR professionals providing the appropriate vision, oversight and coaching and guidance to ensure retention of top talent.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with the senior leadership team and key stakeholders to establish a strategic HR vision and organizational design to support and drive the business forward.
• Drive key HR initiatives including but not limited to talent acquisition, training and development, succession planning, performance management, compensation strategies, rewards & recognition, employee engagement and retention, organizational effectiveness and employee communication.
• Lead succession planning for key roles and drive innovative talent acquisition strategies to ensure a robust and diverse pipeline of talent across the organization.
• Partner with business leaders to drive change and evolution within the organization including adoption of new business strategies, new technologies, new staffing models and agile organization structures.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners and SME's on employee-related matters such as contract negotiations, investigations, compliance, Benefits and Compensation, HR Operations, etc.
• Provide guidance and coaching to employees and partner with leaders to resolve work-related issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external partners (academic institutions, professional associations, community organizations) to design, develop and execute on best in class learning and development and talent pipelining experiences across various Telemundo populations.
• Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers. Assist in the development of new policies and procedures as needed.
• Lead a dedicated HR team by providing direction, coaching and feedback and identifying development and engagement opportunities that support and encourage high performance.
• Benchmark and share best practices with other organizations across Media and Entertainment and other industries.
• Minimum of 15 years professional HR experience with proven success in leading teams and partnering with senior executives if a fast paced, 24/7 environment.
• Bilingual Spanish and English.
• Client focused with strong customer orientation.
• Experience developing learning and development curriculum and utilizing multiple delivery methods. Translates talent development and OD methodologies into practical business applications.
• Self-starter that demonstrates leadership with or without formal authority; proven strong influencing skills.
• Proven ability to work with senior executive leadership as well as pivoting towards early & mid-career.
• Strong presentation, facilitation and project management experience.
• Actively partners and collaborates towards best solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt easily.
• Global perspective and ability to work with diverse cultures and workforces.
• Proven ability to understand complex scenarios, multiple points of view and the ability to build consensus and problem solve complex situations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
• Master's degree a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kwq3-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.