NBCUniversal's Owned Spanish Speaking Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXTX TV, is looking for a Video Journalist. As a T39 Video Journalist, you will be creating content for the most innovative news organization in Texas.
• Will shoot, write & edit story ideas on a daily basis
• Work directly with Assistant News Director, E.P. and News Producer on story ideas and development
• Present completed story with fair, accurate and community relevant content
• Will report Live in newscasts and breaking news
• Coordinate, organize and conduct interviews
• Develop on-going ''sweeps'' style stories. ( Produce original content for an assigned newscast, news series or exclusive digital content)
• Back-up news anchor when needed
• Represent Telemundo in community related event
• Strategically engage in social media.
• Must have the skills to operate a Dejero live unit, set up and shoot their own live shots
• BA or BS or equivalent experience
• At least two (3) years Reporting, shooting, writing, and editing experience with good ratings track record
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator in English and Spanish
• Enterprise reporting required
• Strong live reporting presence a must
(note job #)
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth south of DFW airport
• Must be willing to work weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 50 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight deadlines
• Skills to be a problem solver
• Creative with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas
• Strong Writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #BR.
KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d224x5-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.