San Diego, CA
• Gather, edit, and assemble news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic for broadcast and multi-platform applications.
• Conceptualize stories with producers, reporter, and talent, critique production and writing of news stories and edit stories and related video for all of platforms.
• Communicate with show producers and digital team to meet content need requirements.
• Gather and package relevant content around key stories from a range of external sources and feeds and content types.
• Prepare pre-pro, tease, edit and archive video.
• Write text articles, publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial ''voice''.
• Program key related index pages for editorial impact, audience appeal and timeliness.
• Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
• Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices.
• Help maintain video archive system.
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news.
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience in a professional medium to large sized broadcast market or digital environment or equivalent.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to write succinctly and with flair.
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and writing intros and leads to video online content.
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring that news as published is 100% accurate without typos or errors.
• Flexible, with a willingness to undertake shift work associated with working for a 24/7 news operation.
• Experience of working in content management systems required.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style writing and guidelines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of San Diego city and regions on both sides of the border and it's political and social personalities
• Proficient with Edius/Grass Valley or similar non-linear digital editing platform
• Knowledge of Video on Demand Server (VOD)
• Perform basics of photojournalism.
• Experience with INews, Clickability, Social Flow, Stratus systems a plus