- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The successful Sports Anchor/Producer candidate will be responsible for reporting sports stories (in house and in the field), covering live sporting events and professional teams such as Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Rapids, and other local teams. The anchor will also have to gather information and prepare material for on air and record their own video in the field. This person will be responsible for keeping up to date on current events in the world of sports. The Sports Anchor will also be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or host as requested by the station. Should be social media active and capable of publishing stories on the web, OTT and other NBC/Telemundo media platforms.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish language market broadcast television.
• Knowledge of community-local sports in Colorado are a must.
• Knowledge of major sports in the United States and Mexico.
• Non-linear editing experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience shooting with HD Cameras.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working with lighting
• Will operate video camera and recording equipment, Dejero or LiveU and edit on Edius Pro.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal. A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Must be able to produce and plan ahead for the sports segment, local community sports stories, special sports programs and develop unique content for the web, OTT and other NBC/Telemundo platforms.
• Must work well under pressure with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as required.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts and must be able to report live hard news/breaking news if necessary.
• Must be willing to work in the Centennial location and some traveling might be requited.
• Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have a Colorado drivers license.
• Degree in Journalism is preferred.
• Experience covering sports, segment production and conducting interviews are desired.
• Good attendance and ability to avoid tardiness is crucial.
• The ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations.
• Must possess strong creative writings skills.
• Candidate must work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.