NBC4 and Telemundo 52 have an opening for a senior digital content producer to help lead the stations' English-language online news coverage and content distribution across multiple platforms.
We are looking for a seasoned journalist with proven experience leading an editorial team, organizing and executing breaking news coverage and running audience development strategy.
Fully bilingual (Spanish and English) is preferred. A deep understanding of local news and culture in the Los Angeles DMA is a plus.
• Report and write original stories daily for our stations' digital platforms, primarily NBCLA.com.
• Help lead a rapid-response team workflow during breaking news coverage by organizing, delegating and executing the plan.
• Select, assign and edit high-value stories, ensuring the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy.
• Curate content across all our digital properties and perform regular quality assurance checkups.
• Use data analytics to help guide content strategy in real-time and in planning stages.
• Collaborate with TV reporters and producers; repurpose and enrich broadcast video and scripts for digital formats.
• Use SEO and social media strategies to engage our audience and reach new users.
• Help plan digital coverage of news events and station tentpoles.
• Handle special projects and drive storytelling innovation.
• Work across departments, including marketing and community, to execute station initiatives.
• Other tasks as needed.
• Excellent English language skills, including speaking, reading, writing and copyediting.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, communications or political science.
• Minimum of 8 years of direct experience.
• Experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a mid- to large-sized news organization that creates content under tight deadlines.
• Strong news judgment and the ability to identify and prioritize high-value stories of the day.
• Ability to problem solve and multi-task with unwavering attention to detail.
• Must be willing and flexible to adapt to changing work schedules; must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
• Advanced understanding of SEO and social media strategies.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
• Must be willing and flexible to adapt to changes in responsibility as dictated by newsroom needs.
• Experience working with TV newsroom software, newscast rundowns and scripts is a plus.
• Experience or familiarity working with live streams and technical troubleshooting.
• Basic understanding and demonstration of solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Experience in Los Angeles market and familiarity with Southern California audience and communities.
• Understanding journalistic practices and guidelines.
• Basic understanding of Adobe Premiere and video production skills.
Salary: $95,000 - $115,000 DOE
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re92k8-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.