Rights Analyst (Contract)
Telemundo's Business & Legal Affairs – Rights Management team advises a variety of business units within NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises on domestic and international distribution rights, including new media platforms, remake/sequel rights, format rights, and ancillary rights in their entertainment properties. The Rights Analyst will assist the supervising Rights Management attorney to provide advice to the production, distribution and other exploitation businesses of Telemundo Network Group and Telemundo Internacional regarding the company's rights in its entertainment content. This is for a 6-month assignment at minimum.
• Work under attorney supervision to analyze contracts and other documents to determine the company's rights in its entertainment properties.
• Draft responses to clients regarding Telemundo's rights.
• Enter rights information into the department's templates, which may include the company's rights management database and programming system.
• Search corporate databases and other sources to locate files, agreements and other information regarding Telemundo's entertainment properties.
• Assist attorney supervisor with drafting rights summaries, non-disclosure agreements, appearance releases, submission releases and other rights clearance agreements.
• Upload executed contracts to the company's legal document repositories, and calendar option exercise and contract renewal deadlines.
Minimum B.A./ B.S. OR comparable work experience (minimum three years in legal and/or entertainment area)
Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office, internet sources, and ability to master many corporate applications)
Must be willing to complete the 6-month assignment at minimum.
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Must be willing to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in South Miami Area
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Knowledge of US copyright/intellectual property law a plus
Proficiency in Spanish
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk96k-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.