NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
The NBC10 Boston News Producer will be responsible for news of the day, special coverage, in-depth stories, breaking news and other news-related content as needed.
• Responsible for the content and overall production of the local newscasts
• Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
• Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room
• Contribute story ideas for the newscast and work closely with reporters to execute those ideas
• Produce news stories and specials as assigned
• Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
• Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
• Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy
• Must work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news
• Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms
• Ensure accuracy of and update information for the on-air news ticker/crawl at the bottom of the screen.
• Edit video
• Produce content for all our platforms.
• College degree Required
• Minimum of 3 years of television news line producing experience
• Minimum of 3 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
• Must be proficient in desktop editing
• Excellent speaking and writing proficiency in Spanish
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Excellent tease-writing skills
• High degree of flexibility in scheduling and assignments
• Driven interest in current events & local issues
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2p9n-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.