APC Operator / Editor
• Responsible for overall production, content and every element of each newscast.
• Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, Digital, MMJ's and production crews).
• Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
• Must select stories, understand all the elements and design a newscast that achieves the daily goal.
• Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what news in the Denver market.
• Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts.
• Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter lead-ins.
• Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
• Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
• Work with Reporters and Multimedia Journalists to improve story and presentation.
• Editing skills to edit video clips.
• Write news scripts, Digital articles, OTT content, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
• Work closely with producers and News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
• Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
• Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
• Complete discrepancy reports with detail and accuracy to help prevent future problems.
• Understand and follow all Telemundo Denver News standards and ethics.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• 2 to 4 years producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day - come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately.
• Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines