• Through the creative use of the camera, and proficient lighting and editing skills, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
• Will operate camera, live truck or cellular bonded technology and edit on Edius Pro edit systems.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate personnel.
• Gather information about stories.
• Conduct interviews and gather images for anchors, reporters, and MMJ to create a news story.
• Work with anchors, reporters, and MMJ on Live shots, special stories and breaking news.
• Maintain good communication with desk and producers and provide details on stories and share contacts
• Contribute with stories ideas
• Contribute content for our nonlinear platforms
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a news photographer
• Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds of gear
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism and/or equivalent work experience
• Thorough understanding of technology as it relates to non-linear editing and HD photography
• Proficient in HD lighting, HD videography, non-linear editing with Avid & Final Cut, Dalet editing, microwave truck operations
• Familiarity with new technologies such as Live U transmission, Dejero, Go Pro cameras and Latakoo file sharing camera equipment
• Familiarity with Panasonic P2 Cameras
• Strong understanding of computer/IT workflows
• Understand File Transfer Protocols
• Familiarity with social media
• Ability to provide written and visual content to the website
• Knowledge of Grass Valley Group Vibrint and Edius or other computer based editing
• Must be willing to work in San Antonio, TX Area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Must have valid driver's license
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if the Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Team player and adaptive to flexible work environment
• Positive work ethic and ability to work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpb074-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.