The News Photographer must see beyond the lens and bring back compelling stories. You must have strong editing skills in non-linear system, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude.
• Work directly with News Director, Executive Producer, Producers, Assignment Editor, Anchors, VJ's and production crews in overall news content production
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends
• Shoots and edits daily news assignments meeting tight deadlines
• Ability to work alone, gathering all elements needed for story
• Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, lives shots and natural sound packages
• Operating cellular driven transmission is required and other devices to do live transmission
• Must be able to feed and ingest video server
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism
• 1 to 2 years photographer
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends and evenings
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish
• Ability to understand and communicate in English
• Must be willing to work in Stockton/ Modesto, CA
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Must have a valid driver's license
• Highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others
• Proactive thinker/self-starter
• Detail oriented
• Quick thinker
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Strong command and understanding of APC Systems (Automated Production Control Systems)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87mnq-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.