San Diego, CA
• Conceptualize stories with story producers, reporters, and talent.
• Critique production, writing and editing of news stories.
• Work with newscast directors, creative, promotion and news staff to coordinate production of the newscast.
• Produce newscasts and other broadcast content in an automated production control environment
• Edit news content using non-linear editing equipment.
• Manage the newscast story producers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast producer
At least 1 year prior news editing experience
Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content
Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines
Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must be 18 years or older
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution Program
Must submit a sample of own work to be considered
Demonstrated leadership abilities
Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure
Familiarity with local leaders a plus
Up to date on and interested in current news events
Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
Team player who is flexible
Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
High degree of integrity and professionalism
Strong organizational skills