The News Producer is responsible for creating content for the most innovative news organization in Texas. This position will report to the Executive Producer.
• Responsible for the creation of the weekday and weekends newscasts
• Work directly with Assignment Editor, anchor and field crews
• Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts
• Select, assign an organize news stories
• Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy
• Will maintain an on-going breaking news story on the air
• Coordinate and plan future community and social story development
• Work with Video Journalists to improve story and presentation
• Basic Editing skills to edit video clips
• Writing: (1) News writing is accurate, detailed and balanced, (2) storytelling skills focused on facts, balanced emotions, smooth with a clear and logical flow, (3) trustworthy and tailored for news talent/anchors to present on-air.
• Promotional Writer: Creatively tease viewers with key points, video and audio…sell the story without giving away the content.
• On-line – Write for web, upload and post local stories on the local web page.
• Production: Great understanding of the production capabilities to help showcase newscasts, produce breaking news and specials
• Editorial and Ethics: Strong journalist and ethical background. Clear understanding of our viewers and type of stories they want. Be aware of current events that are relevant to our community and resent with an ethical and credible focus.
• Flexible to work 24/7
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as a daily newscast producer
• Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy
• Skilled social media user, who uses Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to build content and attract viewers
• Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts
(note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Dallas Fort Worth area just south of DFW airport
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• BA or BS in Journalism, communications or related field or equivalent experience
• Ability to develop a story in an in-depth presentation
• Connect the viewers & newscast with social media, surveys, opinions, calls, etc
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
• Strong Organizational Skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zwmj-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.