San Jose, CA
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Telemundo Area de la Bahia, KSTS is looking for a News Director with strong news judgment and the ability to lead and inspire a highly talented duopoly news staff to reach beyond established goals and who will perform these functions within the context of Company objectives, policies, and procedures. We have a one-newsroom culture where and Telemundo 48 and NBC Bay Area work together to inform and serve our Bay Area communities. We partner closely with our sister stations across California and across our company. Teamwork and collaboration define our culture and we seek a leader who embodies those values.
• Manage day-to-day coverage, major events, and breaking news.
• Implement strategies and tactics to increase ratings and performance in all newscasts.
• Provide leadership to News professionals, driving a culture of creativity, excellence, and diversity of thought in a multi-platform environment.
• Train and develop news staff in coordination with other news managers and their work groups.
• Participate in the performance appraisal process for assigned editorial staff with the management team.
• Manage script approval process as delegated to individual managers.
• Develop and manage ongoing staff recruitment in all news positions.
• Recruit and manage on-air talent.
• Schedule talent with an understanding of viewership and programming demands.
• Engage on all aspects of news content for the station's websites and other new media outlets.
• Ensure the daily goals and missions are executed, tracked, and communicated to the staff.
• Evaluate workflow efficiencies ensuring editorial resources and expectations are clearly defined and met.
• Enforce the newsroom's policies and procedures, including deadlines and style.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a News Director, Assistant News Director, or similar leadership role in a mid to large market.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
• Must be hands-on
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Must be creative, and innovative, have an extremely hands-on managing style, and be able to create and execute a winning strategy across multiple platforms.
• Ability to grow and maintain a culture of respect and collaboration.
• Excellent people management, leadership, and coaching skills.
• Lead change in an inclusive manner.
• Strong Organizational skills and experience in a mid/large market newsroom.
• Proven ability to develop and convey organizational vision to all levels
• Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and can train, coach, and motivate staff members in a positive way to advance their skills and bring out the very best in each of them.
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, content-driven, technology-intensive environment
• Energetic and diligent in launching major campaigns.
• Experience preparing departmental budgets, developing strategic plans, and presenting in front of large audiences.
• High level of experience in technical expertise across emerging multi-media platforms.
• Possess strong writing, producing, creative, management, and leadership skills
• Must be a fierce competitor who plays to win
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal designated worksite
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $160,000 - $185,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d56661-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.