Telemundo Denver is looking for an experienced and energetic News Anchor. This journalist will join a newsroom that emphasizes breaking news, daily investigative reporting and severe weather coverage.
• Perform on-air anchor responsibilities for designated Telemundo Denver newscast or program across Telemundo Denver multiple platforms, including:
• Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news programs
• Prepare and write scripts and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present
• Telemundo Denver news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
• Generate story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
• Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
• Maintain social media presence that is in line with station/ company policies and guidelines
• Participate in station-sponsored and philanthropic events and all assigned special promotions projects
• Ability to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed.
English/Spanish required; both written and verbal
• Bachelor s degree in Communications/Journalism related field
• Minimum 5 years working in newsroom, reporting and/or anchor experience
• Solid news judgment, strong writing and research skills
• Experience in a variety of anchor/host scenarios, including studio, remotes, specials, etc.
• Experience in a variety of on-air reporting functions including anchoring, investigations, and franchises.
• Very strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• Active engagement in Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories
• Proficiency delivering enterprising stories
• Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
• Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit with desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Experience as a News Anchor
• Excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills (English/Spanish)
• Strong live reporting skills
• Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
• Has the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories
• Demonstrated experience generating and producing news stories
• Prior experience delivering taped and live reports
• Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines
• Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends) and to return to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage