NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut are looking for someone to direct their combined national sales efforts. As a duopoly National Sales Director you will be responsible for: Negotiating national NBC and Telemundo Connecticut business, involving national clients and agencies in all of our multiplatform content offerings; broadcast, Spot On, Peacock, long form content (CT Live!) mobile, digital, and out of home; Managing and analyzing inventory; Developing sales presentations and packages. Executing creative sales approaches to grow market share; Developing in-market relationships with National clients; Leading change. This position reports directly to the VPOS of NBC Connecticut/Telemundo Connecticut.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create strategies for increasing share of available advertising budgets. Develop sales strategies and action plans for identified targets of opportunity that clearly define objectives, goals, win strategies, schedules and action assignments.
• Create strategies for engaging national clients in NBC and Telemundo OTT and digital offerings. Create Spot On and Peacock packages and compelling presentations. Maintain domain expertise in the use of digital products. Develop and maintain a digital sales approach for national sales.
• Create strategies for generating specific share of business by maximizing our sports products, network and local specials. Develop strategies and action plans for identifying targets of opportunity.
• Direct the national sales effort through direct communication with buyers/clients and detailed planning. Provide quick response and turnaround and deliver on timelines and commitments.
• Work with VP of Sales, Local Sales Directors, Marketing Manager, and Traffic departments on inventory and pricing strategies along with special opportunity and sports sales.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of experience including: direct responsibility for growing share of national spot business in the television sales industry, as well as working with advertising agencies. Knowledge of pricing strategies, inventory control, research tools and resources.
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in West Hartford, CT
• Must be willing to travel as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bilingual (Spanish & English)
• Experience delegating, assigning, setting objectives, providing positive feedback and coaching.
• Prior experience managing a sales team
• The ability to lead change.
• The ability to clearly communicate the sales mission and lead the team.
• Knowledge of Internet and digital media. Experience with multi-platform campaigns.
• Demonstrated ability to set goals, create and execute on sales plans.
• Knowledge of sales computer applications
• Skilled in delivering feedback in order to develop team
• Ability to quickly understand and size up opportunity and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d806j9-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.