We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Telemundo 51 is seeking a multiplatform content producer who will be responsible for gathering, writing and editing stories and videos for broadcast and digital platforms including streaming channels. This content producer will also work with line producers, reporters and anchors to gather elements and assist in the production of news stories and interview segments.
• Write and update stories including breaking news for TV and digital platforms in Spanish
• Translate and write stories from English to Spanish
• Collaborate with assignment desk, producers and reporters to research and produce news segments and other content and place on appropriate platform
• Check all scripts for accuracy, grammar and punctuation in Spanish
• Use desktop editing systems to edit video including breaking news
• Coordinate and monitor the streaming of breaking news, live events and newscasts on our platforms.
• Rundown creation and backup production of newscasts when needed
• Assist in control room and backup line producer when needed
• Monitor a variety of video sources to identify content that would appeal to our audiences.
• Search wires and other partner sources for stories to air in broadcast and digital properties
• Minimum one year of broadcast writing or multiplatform experience at a news organization that creates content under tight deadlines.
• B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field
• Must be able to write on deadline with speed and accuracy in Spanish and translate from English to Spanish
• Must be available to work overnights and overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed or required.
• Able to work extended and flexible hours during hurricanes, emergency situations and breaking news.
• Must possess strong journalistic skills, have ability to write and edit broadcast and digital copy
• Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
• Must function well in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news.
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive news environment.
• Team player mentality.
• Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines.
• Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work non-traditional hours to potentially include weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rov13p-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.