- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Telemundo Arizona is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
• Journalist is responsible for news coverage of Tucson and its surrounding cities and counties.
• This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute to building the rundown.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• Video Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
• Upload content to website and help with live OTT/Digital live streams when needed.
• Record & Edit stories for fellow MMJs, help with live shots & special projects (20%-30% of the week)
• Through the creative use of the camera, sound, lighting and editing, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
• Will operate camera, live truck & Dejero technology, and editing equipment for news, sales and promotions.
• Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations
• Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Candidate must work effectively with other in a team-oriented environment
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an MMJ preferred; BS/BA in journalism/ Communications
• Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
• Must be willing to work in Tucson location
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to travel
• Must have excellent driving record and active driver's license.