The Multi Media Journalist is responsible for shooting, writing & editing news stories on a daily basis.
• Will shoot, write & edit news stories on a daily basis for station's newscasts, recorded programs and/or other live, station broadcasts – either in the studio or out on location.
• Works directly with News Producers on story ideas and development
• Presents completed stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair and balanced
• Will report Live during newscasts and breaking news as needed, either in studio or out in the field
• Will coordinate, organize, conduct and video-record interviews
• Will develop on-going ''sweeps'' and ''special series'' stories
• Represents Telemundo in community related events
• Builds relationships with community and contacts for developing story leads
• BA or BS in Journalism or related field
• At least two years reporting, shooting, writing, and video-editing experience
• Must be an excellent writer and communicator in Spanish
• Enterprise reporting required
• Live reporting experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work in Orlando and able to travel to surrounding areas as needed
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal's Dispute resolution program
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Skills to be a problem solver
• Creative with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas
• Strong writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqqo6z-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.