Telemundo El Paso is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
• Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
• The Multimedia Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Gather news information and prepare presentation for live, on line, streaming productions and social media
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally.
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
• Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas.
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations.
• Ability to work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Candidate must work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
• Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
• Active driver's license and excellent driving record.
• Flexibility in schedule, ability to work any schedule to include holidays.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist
• BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
• Strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• The position requires traveling.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmx6m3-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.