We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal's Owned Television station in the KULX Telemundo Salt Lake City area, KULX, is looking for a skilled Multiplatform Producer to help take our streaming content and newscasts to a new level. We're looking for someone who's passionate about news, loves breaking news and has a creative vision for crafting live programs. You'll work closely with managers to create innovative, up-to-the-minute content that resonates with our viewers. The ideal candidate loves to collaborate, wants to help lead a team, and is ready to take on new challenges to help us continue to grow. You'll work closely with our streaming products and help us continue to find new ways to reach our audience no matter what platform they are on. This is a great opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best journalists in the market!
• Produce daily newscasts, live special coverage and other programs for streaming platforms.
• Edit video as needed.
• Clearly communicate your vision to a team of writers, anchors and field crews in order to deliver dynamic and accurate stories and segments.
• Develop an understanding of our streaming and nonlinear products and consistently contribute to them
• Work closely with directors, editors, and graphics artists to enhance the production value of your newscast.
• Contribute story ideas and take charge of daily coverage decisions for your newscast.
• Quickly adjust to late changes and be aggressive in breaking news coverage.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as a daily newscast producer.
• Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts.
• Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written)
• Must be willing to work in Salt Lake City, Utah
• Must have the ability to work any shift
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience segment producing and/or generating content across multiple platforms is a plus.
• Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Displays a positive work ethic and a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Ability to create urgent, engaging and conversational news copy and visuals under tight deadlines
• Team player who is flexible and works well under pressure.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpo72x-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.