NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
TELEMUNDO UTAH is seeking a News Anchor/MMJ responsible for the writing and on-air delivery of daily newscasts. The ideal candidate will also shoot, write & edit news stories for all of our platforms, including broadcast, web, social media, and OTT. They will work closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately written and presented on all platforms.
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts, outside regularly scheduled newscasts and all of our news platforms including digital, social media and OTT.
• Conduct research to write and present stories that attract the viewer's interest
Will shoot, write & edit news stories for station's newscasts, recorded programs and/or other live, station broadcasts – either in the studio or out on location.
• Write and produce stories, headlines and news updates for broadcast and all digital platforms including OTT.
• Present completed story with fair, accurate and community relevant content
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on location
• Coordinate, organize and conduct interviews
• Develop on-going ''sweeps'' style stories
• Adhere to company mission, vision, and standards
• Must abide by the NBC – Telemundo News Standards and Guidelines
• Actively involved sharing news content in Social Media platforms
• Follow NBC – Telemundo Social Media Policies and Standards
• Make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station
• Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter; Anchoring Experience
Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Must have excellent writing skills in Spanish Language as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shifts and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Utah
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a
• web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing, and speaking
• Highly competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking news with Live Cut-ins
• Able to ''ad-lib'' effortlessly in various types of situations
• Creative with unique story ideas for development
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15j00-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.