The Multimedia Journalist is responsible for shooting, writing & editing news stories on a daily basis. As Anchor is responsible for anchoring our weekend newscast.
• Contribute story ideas for key series pieces for daily news programs
• Gather news information and facts to write scripts
• A strong writer
• Sharp and the ability to work well with others
• Represent Telemundo in community events
• Prepare and/or assemble, and present story content in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner.
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present station during news specials and packages based on either breaking or pre-planned stories
• Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories
• Leverage relationships within the community for the purpose of developing connections to story leads and bridge relevant activities through community relations department
• Perform field reporting, fill-in for other shows, and other temporary assignments, as needed.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as anchor
• Minimum 5 years of experience as television reporter
• Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Ability to work long hours, when necessary
• Must be willing to work in Orlando area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking new with Live Cut-ins
• Able to ''ad-lib'' effortlessly in various types of situations
• Creative with unique story ideas for development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv11vw-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.