We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
Are you the ultimate team player ready to make an impact with the award-winning NBC10 -Telemundo62 Investigators? Do you know how to dig deeper to get the full story while holding the powerful accountable and giving a voice to the voiceless in our community?
The Investigative Producer pitches, researches, shoots, writes, and edits daily and HFR investigative stories and projects for all NBC10/Telemundo 62/NBC Sports Philadelphia platforms. You must be able to juggle multiple assignments while working on deadline and love jumping in on breaking news. In this role, the Investigative Producer will work closely with management and an experienced investigative reporter.
• We need a creative thinker who will be responsible for creating multi-platform innovative and compelling content that differentiates our work for our competitors.
• Candidates should have strong writing and storytelling skills, be an exceptional researcher and extremely well organized.
• Candidate should have field producing experience and be a strong interviewer.
• Minimum of 3 years experience as an investigative producer or reporter.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations as they relate to investigations, undercover content, and hidden cameras. Experience partnering with the legal team is a plus.
• Knowledge of Media Law
• Public record laws and experience putting in and monitoring record requests.
• Computer assisted reporting, including Excel, Accurint, Broadcastify, and datamining from social media and other websites.
• Knowledge how court systems work, including finding court documents and tracking cases.
• Different storytelling and editing techniques for various platforms, including linear, social media, and streaming
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must be willing to submit a background investigation
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• All interested individuals should apply at www.nbcunicareers.com
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqxpx6-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.