NBC Boston / NECN / Telemundo Boston, the NBC Owned Television Station triopoly, is looking for a passionate, experienced, and innovative bi-lingual consumer producer to join the largest special projects unit in New England. You'll be working out of a new state-of-the-art broadcast media center that is home to the triopoly and NBC Sports Boston.
The successful candidate will be expected to enterprise and produce consumer news stories and contribute to major breaking news events. We pride ourselves on being the only local news station committed to helping our viewers solve consumer problems and work to get their money back. We are building a culture of innovation and experimentation. We are looking for a creative thinker who is willing to experiment with telling stories in non-traditional ways to reach new audiences across any device.
The applicant should have a good understanding of how to deliver meaningful and impactful stories for our digital and broadcast platforms. Applicant must be bi-lingual to produce content for both NBC/NECN and Telemundo. An understanding of how to tell stories on our digital platforms is a must. This is not an entry level position.
• Research, develop, write, and produce enterprise consumer news stories
• Generate long and short-term consumer news projects
• Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events
• Enterprise consumer content across all on-air and digital platforms
• Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reports
• Generate short form and long form content for our streaming platforms
• Produce content for both Telemundo and NBC/NECN platforms
• Minimum of 2 years' experience producing experience
• Impeccable reporting and storytelling skills
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
• Demonstrated ability to use digital platforms to reach audiences
• Understanding of how to engage audiences on social media
• Ability to present stories for all station platforms
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA (Greater Boston)
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Understanding of computer-assisted reporting and working with spreadsheet programs
• 2 years investigative or consumer journalist experience
• Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit and desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
• Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
• Please include at least five examples of your best work on both broadcast and digital with your application.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro5393-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.