Telemundo 33 (KCSO) in Sacramento, CA, is currently seeking an Executive Producer. This is a leadership position overseeing the editorial, production and promotion components newscast and news specials. The Executive Producer's role is to oversee production of news content on multi-platforms, provide guidance and direction to news employees and perform as a member of the news management team.
• Conceive and execute daily programs incorporating top news stories and live reports (hard and feature) for both afternoon and evening newscasts. This includes approval of rundowns, and management/ supervision of On-Air Talent, Producers, Content Producers and Production team
• Direct and deliver production elements on a deadline
• Review daily line-up of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Collaborate with Marketing Department on daily topical promotions
• Cooperate and interact with Noticiero Telemundo and assure compliance with all relevant laws and company policy on broadcasts and news operations
• In the absence of the news director, the position will oversee the newsroom
• Able to perform other newsroom supervisory duties as assigned by the News Director and/or General Manager
• Strong management and communication skills.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience television Executive Producer or Senior Producer in a medium or large market
• Must possess strong journalistic skills, have ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions
• Editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for news casts and digital media
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
• Proven strong leadership and management skills required
• Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
• Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
• Bilingual: Spanish and English; both written and verbal
• Ability to interact effectively with all news operations personnel and external department personnel who can impact the daily operations.
• Must be willing to work in the Sacramento, CA area
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Ability to multi-task and follow directions from numerous sources as part of a team.
• Able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment without direct supervision.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Highly competitive nature.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxkzq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.