An Executive Producer is responsible for the overall editorial content on all platforms produced by KBLR
• Conceive and execute daily programs incorporating top news stories responsible for on-air look and program format
• Develop future segments, special event coverage, sweeps planning, incorporating evening anchor talent
• Collaborate with Brand Marketing on topical and special promotion
• Work with Arthouse on graphic production and art direction
• Oversee the Platform Managers and Content Producers
• Collaborate with other newsroom managers for special events planning as well as day-to-day coverage
• Work with all facets of the organization, including production, IT and engineering to ensure the most accurate and compelling local coverage
• Responsible for managing the production of news specials, entertainment shows and other productions outside of the regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Performs as Line Producer and other related duties as assigned by News Director.
• Contribute to and develop content for digital platforms.
• Schedule nightside content producers to ensure proper coverage
• Collaborate with Digital Lead to develop content and promotion strategies on all platforms
• Hire quality talent when needed, as well as coaching and mentoring current employees
• Work with Digital Lead to manage KBLR efforts. Manage playlist like a newscast rundown to maximize opportunity for engagement.
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years' experience in newsroom management
• Minimum 5 years' experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 5 years' experience writing, producing and desktop editing
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, Nevada.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Proven ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish.
• Proven ability to understand and communicate well in a duo Spanish/English-speaking environment.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to respond and make decisions in a breaking news situation for coverage across multiple platforms
• Ability to lead the newsroom
• Experienced at providing ongoing feedback to develop individuals
• Innovative and creative thinker who will push to make Telemundo Las Vegas local content the best in the market
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj91e2-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.