Aggregated Content Producer
NBC 5 and Telemundo Chicago are looking for a digital video producer/editor to create original videos designed for digital/mobile/OTT platforms. We are looking for a candidate with a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a digital audience. Our ideal candidate is someone who is full of ideas and can take a project from pitch to publication or take someone else's idea and produce it as if the idea was their own.
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working on multiple pieces of content simultaneously, from quick-turn daily edits, to something that may take a week or more. This editor/producer will partner with veteran TV reporters and producers to create digital versions of broadcast content. They also will create mini-docs, explainers, lifestyle pieces and listicles.
The right candidate should love news (especially local), love editing, pitching concepts, enjoy finding innovative ways to tell stories, be a digital video consumer, have excellent people skills and team orientation, be willing to try new things and be comfortable working on an in-depth investigation or the quirky viral talker story of the day. We are looking for a self-starter who always wants to create video.
Our ideal candidate can pitch a concept, produce, edit and deliver it and be passionate about every step of the way.
• Manage the creation of digital-first video products for a variety of social, digital and OTT platforms.
• Supervise and help grow existing digital video products on diverse platforms.
• Write, pitch, produce and edit original videos for digital platforms
• Gather, sort and find stories in data and present data visually in videos
• Be able to digest lots of information and present it in a simple video
• Develop, Write and Produce digital specific series/franchises
• Develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage mobile users.
• Develop best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms, and train digital and broadcast producers in those best practices
• Actively monitor a variety of video sources to identify content that would appeal to our audience
• Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement
• Must have at least 2 years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
• Experience editing videos on tight deadlines.
• Experience editing in Adobe Premiere, After-Effects and Photoshop
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
• Ability to shoot with DSLR and use lighting, audio equipment a plus
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Deep knowledge of current events
• Outstanding communication skills
• Experience with a complex CMS a plus
• Must have a bachelor's degree
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work all shifts as required by news and events (including nights and weekends)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Chicago
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Fluent English and Spanish
• Exceptional communication skills
• Knowledge of TV and web writing
• The desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Experience in editing video for TV and web
• Experience in a news environment