Full Time Job
Digital National / Regional Content Editor
- Full Time
• Help guide the editorial work of local web editors in a predetermined geographic region.
• Suggest and/or produce content with a narrower main feed point of view to fit some or all markets within the region
• Suggest and/or produce local content for individual markets within the region
• Provide support during local breaking news, by coordinating efforts with local editors, producing content, posting on
social media, update information, and, when necessary, coordinating coverage with the national team.
• Collaborate with local web editors and other station's staff in special projects such as features sections and/or
multimedia products. Serve as digital producer or as a link between the station and the multimedia national team
throughout the development of these special publications.
• Perform daily QA duties which include overseeing and optimizing homepage carrousels and individual content pieces.
• Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy of the Telemundo Station Group Digital
• Work and maintain good relationships with local digital teams, as well as television producers, and content experts at the
local TV stations.
• Keep an updated directory of the region station's key contacts and work to maintain good relationships and an open
communication with them to ensure local breaking news off-hours coverage.
• Understand key analytics metrics and resources to help stations achieve monthly digital goals.
• Help in the hiring process and training efforts of local digital editors within the region.
• Take direction from the digital director and collaborate with the national team and other regional editors to share stories
and resources across all Telemundo and NBC's city websites.
• Assist the national digital team as necessary, especially but not limited to national or international breaking news
• Our editors must be willing and flexible to adapt to changes to their job description and responsibilities, which should
always be kept within the lines of editorial duties.
• Experience as an editor, senior writer, reporter, or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines
• Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
• Excellent Spanish-language writing and copy-editing skills
• Understanding journalistic practices, writing techniques, and guidelines
• Curiosity for content with initiative to suggest stories with relevance for all markets
• Detailed oriented
• Must have understanding of SEO practices
• Must be fully bilingual (English and Spanish) for editorial purposes
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or Spanish.
• Must be flexible to adapt to changing work schedules
• Must submit a resume/CV online through nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Miramar, FL
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvkm0-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.