Digital Content Creator
Telemundo62.com is looking for a versatile and highly motivated digital content producer to create and curate digital content for our digital platforms. This person will be responsible for ensuring our digital platforms have the latest news and information, for working closely with broadcast reporters and producers and for using all social, multimedia and digital tools to grow our digital audience.
The editor must be fluent in Spanish and have experience writing news stories in Spanish. They also must have excellent news judgement. Candidates should be aggressive, nimble and comfortable with experimenting, yet know when to move on. Candidates should be comfortable working in a team or working solo at times. Ability to multi-task on a breaking news story, including gathering social assets, sending breaking news alerts and communicating with the newsroom is a key skill.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
• Report and write digital projects and news stories for Telemundo62.com.
• Share related content on, and manage operations of, social media platforms.
• Edit, and produce and create digital video taken from broadcast and other platforms.
• Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage your local audience across platforms.
• Develop best practices and action items from metrics data.
• Stay on the cutting edge of trends and innovation, including monitoring direct competitors.
• Oversee monitoring of mainstream and social media for story ideas and competitive intelligence.
• Engage with viewers who reach out through social media channels.
• Coordinate with Telemundo's Content Center team to ensure best practices.
• Manage digital communication with newsroom.
• Must be fluent in Spanish, including the ability to write high-quality journalism in Spanish.
• Minimum 3 years' experience at a news organization that creates under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree Preferred
• Video editing experience and understanding of broadcast news a plus
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Philadelphia.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift.
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - a diplomat as well as someone who gets the job done.
• Able to work early morning, evening and/or weekend hours depending when demanded by news coverage or other editorial responsibilities.
• Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.