- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Responsible for all aspects of Directing live and taped segments at NBC Universal Telemundo
• Work closely with VP of News, Executive Producers, Producers and the Operations Team to execute the daily vision of our live broadcasts.
• Maintain and update studio look and production elements.
• Prepare and direct live and taped television news broadcasts utilizing the ROSS Overdrive automated production control system.
• Build master rundown patterns for all broadcasts, PSAs, Commercials, etc.
• Work with editorial and production personnel to create and execute newscasts.
• Shape overall creative appearance of the broadcasts using imaginative video, audio and graphics effects
• Give direction and timing cues to talent and other technicians working on broadcasts.
• Must be available to troubleshoot and plan with newsroom managers and operations department.
• Assist with the writing of SOPs as related to Control Room Production Operations
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Maintain strict station quality standards.
• Willingness to help train colleagues.
• Participate in editorial meetings.
• Submit Issue Tracker Discrepancy Report as needed.
• Strong technical skills and understanding of technical directing, audio mixing, robotics operation, commercial integration, live/remote segment cut-ins, breaking news cut-ins, video file playback and graphics insertion within an automated operation.
• Strong leadership and communication skills in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot while under pressure.
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
• Excellent Story Telling Skills with sound news judgment.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community.
• Must be willing to work on-site in New York Tri-State Area
• This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement between the Company and the Directors Guild of America (DGA). Successful candidate will be required to join the DGA if not already a member and remain a member in good standing of that Guild.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Minimum 1 year of experience with Automated Production Control systems ( Ross Overdrive preferred)
• Minimum 3 years of experience directing and/or Automation system operation
• Experience working with and knowledge of television production equipment
• Proven experience with computer applications, working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment
• Demonstrated experience with newsroom computer systems or equivalent experience
• Bachelor's degree in Communication.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Familiarity with ROSS Dashboard.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwbe4-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.