About NBCUniversal Local
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
The Producer Development program is a fast-track opportunity to learn newsgathering and production skills required to be a successful news producer. Participants in the program will work in a fast-paced newsroom within an NBC Owned & Operated Station. Each Producer Associate is assigned a mentor who is an experienced staff member.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 6 months working in news production
• Bilingual in Spanish and English (Speaking/Writing)
• Basic knowledge of camera operation/editing skills
• Must be willing to work in Washington, DC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have a valid Driver's License
• Ability and willingness to work variable hours including work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required
• Successful coursework in Broadcast Communications or Journalism
• Minimum 1 year of experience within a professional newsroom
• Strong writing skills
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Passion for local news
• Commitment to News Production as a career
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykx9m-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.